Inspire people to experience life. That’s what Smartbox Group is all about. We’re the leading and fastest growing experience gift company in Europe with the ambition to become the biggest in the world.
Role Title: Junior .NET Developer
As part of a key team, you will be working on a bespoke product management system. Your role will include building out the application to deliver new features to our internal user base as well as ensuring existing features remain robust and well-optimized.
Working within a self-contained application, you will have the opportunity to enjoy personal ownership over the health, performance and technological direction of the codebase.
You will also be responsible for integrating with a wide array of diverse internal systems company-wide as part of our overall architecture.
- Implementing new features for the product management system of a leading ecommerce company
- Enhancing and refactoring an existing codebase
- Resolving bugs and performance issues in a test-driven environment
- Working with business analysts and management to develop and refine specifications
- Writing Documentation
- Integrating with other internal systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong interest in technology and growing as a developer
- Ideally at least one year experience working with C#/.NET
- Basic working knowledge of SQL Server or equivalent
- Exposure to at least one SPA framework (e.g. Angular, React, Vue)
- Basic understanding of Object Orientated Principles (e.g. SOLID, design patterns)
- Working knowledge or understanding of NHibernate, Dapper or Entity Framework
- Knowledge of GIT or equivalent version-control system
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Proven stakeholder management experience with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Team player – ability to collaborate with other team members on various projects along with working independently where required
- Fluency in English – written and spoken required
- Experience working in a dynamic, results-driven and fast-paced development environment with the ability to prioritise effectively
*As duties and responsibilities of the post holder change, the job description may be reviewed and amended as appropriate.
*You must have the eligibility to live and work without restriction in the country you are applying to.