Reporting to: Application Support Manager
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
As an Application Support Analyst, your role will include providing IT application support to the business, troubleshooting issues, escalating issues to developers, collaborating with other teams, documenting bugs & processes and occasionally help on manual end-to-end testing for new flows/features.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team member who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills in our core technologies and excellent communication skills. You’ll be naturally inquisitive and go beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of issues, with technical ownership of tasks.
- Provide IT applications support to our business teams.
- Troubleshoot any issues reported to resolve 1st time when possible and escalate if need be.
- You will have a full understanding of the stakeholder’s needs and how their business work, systems used.
- Liaising with the stakeholder, product owners and developers on daily basis, you will build successful relationships.
- Working as part of a team you will effectively resolve problems, stakeholder issues, and escalations in order to ensure that service level agreements are met, and act as the main point of contact for all stakeholder queries.
- Ensure clear and accurate communication is cascaded throughout the operational team and that good communication links are established with all colleagues and the stakeholder.
- Implement and maintain departmental processes to improve the quality of service provided.
- Fully understand the requirements of the stakeholders queries in order to communicate and provide advice and assistance, as well as technical support to team members on new services, ongoing issues and build successful stakeholder relationships.
- Manage escalations effectively and take ownership for resolving problems.
- Previous experience working in a similar support role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are essential
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Troubleshooting Mindset
- Creative and able to work on own initiative
- Strong team work
- Attention to detail
- Basic Understanding of / Experience with SQL (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Experience with Task Management Tool (Jira, Trello, etc)
- Experience of documenting scenarios
- Should be self-motivated and self-directed and able to lead and motivate other stakeholders
- Should be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills.
*As duties and responsibilities of the post holder change, the job description may be reviewed and amended as appropriate.